An easy to make recipe for a delicious chicken curry, ready to serve in 30 minutes. With basic ingredients you can find at home, and no special skill required, anybody can make this dish when craving for some yummy tender chicken. This dish is best served with rice or roti. Follow these simple steps to make yourself a delicious meal.
- ½ Kg chicken
- 2 green chillies
- 1 table spoon ginger garlic paste
- 3 medium sized onions finely chopped or paste
- 2 medium sized tomatoes finely chopped or pureed
- 3 tablespoon oil
- 1 teaspoon red chilli powder
- 1 ½ teaspoon garam masala powder
- ¼ teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 cup Chopped coriander leaves
- ½ to 1 cup water
- 2 teaspoon curd or 10 cashew nuts
- Salt to taste
- 4 cloves (grampu)
- 1 bay leaf- small (karuva ela)
- 2 inch cinnamon stick (karuvapatta)
- 3 green cardamom (elakkaaya)
- ½ teaspoon cumin (jeerakam)
Steps to prepare the dish
- Heat a deep pan, add oil and all the dry spices. Fry for a minute till you get the aroma.
- Add chillies and onions and sauté till they soften.
- Add ginger garlic paste and turmeric powder and sauté till cooked.
- Add the finely chopped tomatoes and cook till it softens and add salt to taste.
- Add the ground cashew nuts or curd and red chilli powder and cook tills raw smell goes away.
- Add chicken, garam masala and chopped coriander leaves. Stir for 3-4 minutes.
- Cover the pan and cook on low flame for 4-5 minutes.
- Add enough hot water to make a semi gravy consistency.
- Add coriander for garnish and take off the heat.
- Serve hot with roti or rice.