Check out the hara bara kabab for a healthy yummy snack. Made with spinach, peas and potatos, the hara bara kabab is full of green goodness. You don’t have to be a vegetarian to love them, they are as yummy as any non-veg kababs out there. Try them out for brunch or as a starter for your meal or even as a patty for a veg burger. Easy to make and yummy to eat, it is a perfectly healthy evening snack for kids and an awesome way to get them to eat their leafy greens. These are served best with a green chutney or a sweet chilli sauce. Let us take a look at how to make these delicious veg kababs.
- 2 cups spinach
- 1 cup green peas
- 2 potatoes
- 2 teaspoon green chilli- ginger paste
- 1 teaspoon chaat masala
- 1 teaspoon dry mango powder
- 3 tablespoons gram flour
- Salt to taste
- Oil for pan frying, as required
Steps to prepare Hara Bara Kabab
- Roast the gram flour lightly till it starts to change colour and keep aside. Be careful not to over roast it.
- Blanch the spinach for 2 minutes in hot water and drain them. Once cooled down, chop them finely and keep aside in a bowl.
- Boil the potatoes and green peas.
- Grate the boiled potatoes and add them to the finely chopped spinach. Add the peas and ginger chilli paste into the bowl.
- Mash them all together.
- To the bowl add the chaat masala, dry mango powder and the roasted gram flour. Add salt to taste and mix them well.
- Shape the mixture into round patties and pan fry with 2-3 tablespoons of oil.
- Serve hot with sauce or chutney.
And if you don’t feel like cooking right now or don’t have the required ingredients at the moment, satisfy your craving with home delivery to up to 3kms from Diwan’s Durbar by ordering online through the Diwan’s Durbar App. Download the app now : https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.diwansdurbar.application